an excess of lemons




an excess of lemons

Originally uploaded by scroobious_pip

16 lemons. That’s how many my mother supplied me with. I offered some to friends upstairs, but they already had 4 of their own! So I’m thinking tomorrow I’ll start cutting them up, squeezing out the juice into ice cube trays and freezing the juice.

It was a cook-a-thon evening. 7 extra meals are in the freezer, the dishes are done and at almost 11pm, time to call it a night.

While extra food in the freezer is a great plus, the highlight of the evening was showing a friend the painting she commissioned from me. It’s probably 80% finished, but the remaining 20% was not going to change the piece significantly, so I wanted to show her before I ploughed on. After 8 weeks of sometimes high frustration with this painting, it was an ernomous relief that her reaction was so positive. She is delighted with the painting. Now that’s a good note on which to end an evening and hopefully fodder for pleasant dreams.

Advertisements

Posted on August 23, 2008, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: